Bridging Cultures in Rural Behavioral Health Curriculum
Sponsored by the ND Rural Behavioral Health Network (ND RBHN)
Participants will be able to:
- Identify barriers to behavioral health needs from the consumer and providers' perspective.
- Understand the how the historical trauma and "assimilation" of the Native American has affected Native American behavioral health.
- Identify the various cultures of rural North Dakota and understand how the cultures affect behavioral health.
- Learn how the concept of the "agrarian imperative" explains the ties of North Dakotans to their land and to their people.
- Learn the importance of "Bridging Cultures" in the treatment of behavioral health problems in North Dakota.